This Privacy Statement is used by Dutchskins International BV, hereinafter referred to as Dutchskins.
Via from website www.dutchskins.comprivacy-sensitive data is processed by Dutchskins. This data is called personal data. We consider a careful handling of personal data of great importance. Personal data is therefore carefully processed and secured by us. Our employees and third parties engaged by us are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data. Any adjustments and / or changes to the website may lead to changes in this privacy statement.
In our processing we adhere to the requirements of the privacy law. This means, among other things, that we:
- clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this through this privacy statement;
- try to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data necessary for the stated purposes
- first ask you for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also requirements of parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to provide, correct or delete your personal data on your request.
In this privacy statement we explain which personal data we collect and use and for what purpose. We recommend that you read this statement carefully.
This privacy statement was last amended on 1 May 2018.
Use of personal data
When using our website, you leave certain information with us. This can be personal data. Personal data is collected by us in various ways. For example, you can order items via our website, where we ask you to provide us with some personal data to complete the order.
In addition, you can create an account on our website to gain insight into your orders and keep track of your wish list. Personal data is also collected when viewing our website on various devices such as a smartphone, a tablet, or a computer, etc.
It is also possible that you contact us with questions and / or complaints by post, e-mail or telephone. In that case, we will contact you to deal with the question or complaint. Finally, we may collect information from you through competitions, and other promotions in which you have taken part, or when you have taken part in a market or customer survey.
In addition, data can also be collected via social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest), for example when you contact us to ask questions. In that case we only use your account name so that we can respond to your message.
When you use our website, we can process the following data from you (partly depending on the data that you enter yourself, for example by placing an order, participating in competitions or by creating an account):
- Name and given name (s);
- (billing address;
- Date of birth;
- Phone number;
- E-mail address;
- Technical data of the equipment you use (for example from your smartphone / laptop / tablet or a kiosk from the store), such as IP address, MAC address and the software used;
- Your surfing behavior on the website, including mouse and click behavior and the duration and time of your visit to our website;
- Payment details;
- Purchase history;
- Login details of your account.
The above data is used for the following purposes:
- to offer you the opportunity to order articles via our website and to use all functionalities and services on the website;
- to process your order and to inform you about its progress;
- to communicate with you by sending digital newsletters and / or mail;
- to offer you personalized advertisements and content on the Dutchskins website and third party websites based on your interests and your (online) purchase history;
- to send you personalized newsletters based on your interests and your (online) purchase history (see also the heading profiling);
- to process your data for possible participation in competitions and other promotions, so that we can reach you when you have won something;
- to answer your questions or to handle your complaints via social media, e-mail, by post or by telephone;
- to improve (on an individual level) our website, shops, assortment and our services both in-store and online. We do this on the basis of: your preferences, market and customer surveys conducted and the use of our website by visitors;
- We capture camera images in our showroom and warehouse for the safety of our customers, employees and property. Maximum retention period of 3 weeks, unless there is an incident.
Dutchskins collects and processes these Personal Data, which are provided by the visitor / customer when entering into the agreement, consent or legitimate interest.
The provision of these Personal Data for the purpose of a purchase is mandatory and a necessary condition for entering into an agreement with Dutchskins. If this information is not provided, Dutchskins may not be able to meet the obligations that we have under your agreement or we may not be able to properly fulfill your own obligations.
Your data will be stored for up to seven years after making a purchase for analysis purposes and commercial purposes such as repeat purchase suggestions.
Provision to third parties
Dutchskins will, in certain cases, pass on personal data to third parties if necessary for the implementation of the purposes included in this Privacy Statement.
- Mail order company, for delivering your order;
- Workshops, also outside the EEC, for making your custom order;
- Upholsterers, for carrying out the work according to the purchase agreement;
When the product is purchased online also:
- Hosting party of the website including the developer;
- Payment provider, for arranging payments and refunds;
- Review partner, for inviting customers to review the purchased product.
Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to other parties if you have not given permission for this, unless this is legally required or permitted. For example, it is possible for the police to request data from us in the context of a fraud investigation. In that case, we are legally obliged to provide this information.
In principle, Dutchskins does not pass on Personal Data to countries outside the European Economic Area or international organizations, unless this is necessary for the execution of the purchase agreement. Should this happen for other reasons, Dutchskins will determine whether there is an adequacy decision within the meaning of the applicable regulations, and if such a decision does not exist, Personal Data will only be passed on if there are appropriate or suitable safeguards. In situations of passing on Personal Data, you can request a copy of these documents via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have given permission for this, we can send our newsletter by e-mail. An unsubscribe option will be included with every communication in this way if you are no longer interested in our newsletter. You can also report your cancellation to our customer service.
We combine your personal data from different sources to provide you with the best online shopping experience. We do this by linking various information about you, such as your account information, your purchase history, but also your surfing behavior on our website on various devices, such as your computer, smartphone or tablet. It is also possible that we supplement or optimize your data with data from public sources such as the land registry or sources where you have given permission for the intended use by Dutchskins. We only do this when this is legally permitted.
By combining your data from different sources, we can display personalized offers and personalized content on our website or third-party websites that match your interests and purchase history. We can also personalize our online folder and newsletter for you in this way. In this way we can make better and more targeted offers.
If you want to use all functionalities on our website, you must accept our cookies. On your first visit you will see a window with which you can accept the cookies. You can do this by closing the report or by continuing on our website.
Opt out of cookies
Do you want to delete our cookies or do you want to prevent cookies from reaching your computer at all? Then disable the cookies in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome.
Security of personal data
Dutchskins attaches great importance to the security of Personal Data. We are also required by law to ensure proper security of your Personal Data. For this reason, we have - among other things and where appropriate - taken the following appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data:
- Personal data is not stored centrally and data carriers are encrypted;
- Handling a good password policy;
- Setting up authorizations;
- Personal data is stored on Dutchskins servers or hosted under adequate security at suppliers with which Dutchskins has concluded a processing agreement;
- It is possible to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of the processing systems and services at all times;
- Establishing a procedure for testing, assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of the security measures taken at regular intervals;
- In the event of a physical or technical incident it is possible to restore the availability of and access to the Personal Data in a timely manner;
Dutchskins uses certified SSL connections (the Secure Socket Layer - Protocol) for the website during the ordering process and all contact forms.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes will be published on our website. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes.
View and change your data
If you have provided us with personal data, you can change it at any time. You can press www.dutchskins.comvia the contact form or via an email (email@example.comYou can also contact Dutchskins customer service if you wish to inspect the data that Dutchskins has registered about you and for the removal or possible corrections if these data are incorrect or incomplete.
7300 AH Apeldoorn
7207 BT Zutphen
When you contact us, you will receive a response within one month.